The Avinger Total Rewards Program
Working at Avinger is not just a job; it’s a shared passion for fulfilling our mission to radically change the way vascular disease is treated. At Avinger, we are committed to providing employees with a competitive Total Rewards package to support you in managing your overall health and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards program includes a competitive base salary, stock awards, comprehensive health and welfare benefits, a 401K savings plan, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) and other valuable benefits such as paid time off and wellness programs.
Compensation: Base Pay, Equity Awards
Linking pay to company and individual performance is central to Avinger’s continued success. Our Total Rewards program allows you to see your compensation increase when you and the company perform well.
Health and Welfare Benefits
Avinger extends comprehensive health care benefits to all regular full-time employees, their spouses or domestic partners, and eligible dependents. Health care benefits include:
• Preferred Provider Organization
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Prescription Drug Coverage
Avinger offers partial continuation of income to financially protect our employees in the event that they become injured or ill and are unable to work. Our disability benefits include:
• Short-term Disability
• Long-term Disability
Employees can reduce taxable income and extend purchasing power by enrolling in the following pretax spending accounts:
• Dependent Care Reimbursement
• Medical Expense Reimbursement/Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Transportation/Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Savings and Retirement Benefits: 401(k), ESPP
Avinger offers two programs which allow employees to save and invest for the future and to benefit from the success of the company.
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
When you participate in the ESPP, you can elect to contribute 1% to 20% of your pay (subject to IRS limits) to purchase Avinger stock at a discount. At the time of purchase, you will benefit from a minimum purchase discount of 15%.
Paid Time Off
Avinger offers a competitive time off program to help you stay rested and balanced throughout the year.
• Vacation days each year (15 days for years 1-5, 20 days for years 5+)
• Company-paid holidays (12 days)
• Paid sick leave (10 days)
• Bereavement leave (5 days)
• Jury duty leave (5 days)
• Child bonding leave (5 days in addition to FMLA/STD)
• Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
• Pet Insurance
• Free gym access onsite, and discounted 24 Hour Fitness membership
• Free shuttle access to downtown Redwood City Cal Train
• The start-up must haves – pool table, ping pong tables, company bikes, snacks
• Ergonomic program, health fairs and seminars throughout the year
• Employee commuter shuttles, taxi vouchers & electric charging stations
• We love to give out pretty cool swag
• A transparent company culture of hard working, passionate, caring human beings