The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for both product planning & development and product marketing. This includes supporting the management of the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, working closely with engineering to deliver patient-focused products, and coordinating the product launch. It also includes working with sales and others to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in defining the product strategy and roadmap
- Supporting marketing-related activities for product development projects on cross-functional teams
- Be well-versed with respect to the competition
- Assist in developing the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Analyze data to provide actionable insights for making product decisions.
- Perform product demos to customers, as needed
- Serve as a resource for internal teams that have product questions, feature requests, and other product related needs
- Help to develop sales tools and collateral
- Assist in briefing and training the sales force
- Reinforce Avinger culture in all projects and activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand the job specific quality system procedures and processes as defined in the Training Matrix and adhere to the requirements listed in those documents.
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, or Technical Project Manager, preferably in the medical device or life sciences industry, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated aptitude to define and launch excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills and strong desire to collaborate
- Desire to work in an open environment
- Willingness to develop creative solutions to overcome challenges
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to engage with external customer groups
- Proactive, with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Previous experience working cross functionally within all levels of an organization (Sales, Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, Customer Service)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Previous experience working with sales personnel, preferably in the medical device industry
- Excellent presentation skills
- Enjoys working in a start-up environment/able to wear multiple hats
- Must be available for occasional travel
Nice to Haves:
Previous experience in the vascular or coronary interventional space
- Previous product launch experience, preferably in the medical device industry
Living Avinger’s Culture:
As a member of the Avinger team, employees agree to embrace and live out the core values of Avinger, which are:
- Patient first
- Be open-minded