Leads and Manages a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals within the designated/assigned US geography.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develops strategic sales and marketing objectives, establishes sales territories and quotas; adjusts sales goals and procedures as appropriate for their region.
- Manages budgets and evaluates sales performance based on corporate guidance.
- Designs and recommends sales programs and sets short and long-term sales strategies.
- Evaluates and implements appropriate sales techniques to increase sales volume and successful clinical outcomes.
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential as needed.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Acts as advisor to sales team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Leads and develops assigned team to continually improve performance, evaluate strengths and developmental needs; provides appropriate feedback, coaching and mentoring to ensure high levels of performance within the reporting function.
- Maintains a superior level of knowledge of the applications related to Avinger products and of the business needs of multi-hospital organizations to assure effective representation in the marketplace.
- Identifies and resolves customer issues and sales related difficulties.
- Monitors market, customer and competitor trends and advise management on methods to improve company competitiveness. Provides feedback to assist in the determination of optimal multi-hospital account strategies.
- Identifies opportunities to expand and secure regional account business through contracts, programs, or other initiatives. Develops proposals, bids, pricing, programs, and contracts with support from Avinger sales and marketing management. Negotiates customer agreements that are acceptable to the interests of the Company.
- Has a solid understanding of National Accounts, IDNs, physician offices and GPOs and be able to utilize those respective resources to drive new business growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related cross functional sales, marketing, operational and sales management experience is required with a successful track record, along with a thorough knowledge of the high-tech medical device market, products, and customers.
- Travel to customer facilities on a regular basis throughout the assigned territory, with trips by air or car, around 40% of the time to support the territory; may travel to the corporate office, trade shows, or other locations throughout North America, as needed.
- Must be a team builder, team player, and strong leader, able to build consensus.
- Exceptional communication and platform presentation skills.
- A strong work ethic, self-motivation, and entrepreneurial drive are required, as are high personal values and standards. Honesty, integrity, the ability to work with minimal supervision, a conscientious approach to meeting goals and objectives, and the ability to handle pressure with grace and humor are equally important.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis.
- Business Acumen – Knows how business work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition.
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can both be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; has a good sense of timing.
- Ability to work in the interest of all of Avinger. Additionally, a successful individual will need to align and coordinate the activities for Avinger at multiple levels, Direct Sales, Distributors, Marketing, Network Channels, etc. Being able to consider the implications for these various areas and determining the best course of action will require the ability to understand complex situations and coordinate efforts across multiple organizational resources.
- Proficiency with PC or Mac-based office computers, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.